Applies to: Scarlett 2nd Gen 6i6, 18i8, 18i20, all Scarlett 3rd Gen + Clarett interfaces
In some cases, it is necessary to reinstall Focusrite Control for driver-related and or No Hardware Connected issues. Below is a link of steps to help steam-line this process for Windows. Please follow the steps below.
First, we want to make sure the interface is disconnected from the PC.
- Open Control Panel on your PC.
- Select Programs > Programs and Features
- Sort the list of programs alphabetically by Publisher
- Find Focusrite in the Publisher column
- Select the listing for Focusrite Control and uninstall.
- Select the listing for the Focusrite USB driver and uninstall it.
- Navigate to your Windows C: Drive and delete the Focusrite Folder. (You may need to end the task for any Focusrite related items in your Task Manager if unable to delete folder)
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Disable any Anti Virus on your PC.
Restart the PC.
Once the PC has restarted - install the latest version of Focusrite Control from the Focusrirte download portal below– When installing Focusrite Control, please right-click the installer and choose Run As Administrator.
During the installation:
- If you are using USB Focusrite interface like a Scarlett or Clarett USB. Select USB Driver + Control Software.
- If you have a Clarett Thunderbolt interface select Thunderbolt driver + Control software
Restart the PC after the Focusrite Control installation.
Reconnect your interface after the PC has completely restarted.
Open Focusrite Control once the PC has recognised the interface.