Applies to: Scarlett 2nd Gen 6i6, 18i8, 18i20, all Scarlett 3rd Gen + Clarett interfaces
In some cases, it is necessary to reinstall Focusrite Control for driver-related and or No Hardware Connected issues. Please follow the steps below.
First, we want to make sure the interface is disconnected from the PC.
- Open Control Panel on your PC.
- Select Programs > Programs and Features
- Sort the list of programs alphabetically by Publisher
- Find Focusrite in the Publisher column
- Select the listing for Focusrite Control and uninstall.
- Select the listing for the Focusrite USB (Audio) driver and uninstall it.
- Navigate to your Windows C: Drive/Program Files folder and delete the Focusrite USB Folder. (You may need to end the task for any Focusrite-related items in your Task Manager if unable to delete the folder)
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Disable any Anti Virus on your PC.
Restart the PC.
Once the PC has restarted - install the latest version of Focusrite Control from the Focusrite download portal below– When installing Focusrite Control, please right-click the installer and choose Run As Administrator.
Restart the PC after the Focusrite Control installation.
Reconnect your interface after the PC has completely restarted.
Open Focusrite Control once the PC has recognised the interface.