This applies to all interfaces
In this example, we are using the Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen interface and Audacity Version 3.2.1.
1) First ensure you have downloaded and installed the driver for your interface (https://focusrite.com/downloads), then connect your interface.
2) Open Audacity and select Audio Setup and choose Audio Settings...
3) In the Audio Settings tab select the following:
- Host: MME
- Playback Device: Speakers (Focusrite USB Audio)
- Recording Device: Analogue 1 + 2 (Focusrite USB Audio)
Be aware that it is not possible to record only Input 2 as Audacity is a WDM application so you can either choose to record either Input 1 or Inputs 1 & 2.
4) Click Tracks > Add New > then either choose a Mono Track (Input 1 on your Focusrite device) or Stereo Track (Input 1+2 on your Focusrite device)
5) Now press the record button in Audacity. The project will automatically start recording. Click the 'Stop' button to stop the recording. You can then play the recorded audio back by clicking the 'Play' button
If needed, our Technical Support team can be contacted here