- Focusrite Control app for iOS
- Scarlett 6i6, 18i8, 18i20 (2nd Generation)
- Scarlett 4i4, 8i6, 18i8 and 18i20 (3rd Generation)
- Clarett Thunderbolt Range
- Clarett USB Range
- Clarett+ Range
- Red Range
Focusrite iOS Control is a remote control app that can be used to adjust parameters in the Focusrite Control (RedNet Control if using a Red interface) desktop application*. The iOS app communicates with the desktop app via WiFi.
In order to get set up, please ensure the following:
- You have the latest version of Focusrite Control (desktop) installed on your computer. You can obtain the latest version from the Downloads page for your compatible interface here.
- You have the latest version of Focusrite iOS Control installed on your iDevice. You can download the latest version from the App Store on your iDevice.
- Both the computer and the iDevice are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Your interface is connected to your computer and switched on.
Once you have verified the above, open the iOS app. The app will now scan for any compatible devices available on your WiFi network.
Once your device shows up, tap it to request approval to connect (if no devices show up please check this article for troubleshooting steps).
After requesting approval, open Focusrite Control (desktop) on your computer and navigate to the Device Settings tab. In the lower left corner you will see your iDevice under the 'Remote Devices' section - click Approve.
For Red interfaces, open RedNet Control, and click on the Settings menu for the Red interface you're using. Select the iOS tab and click Approve for your iDevice.
Once a device is approved it will stay approved indefinitely unless you click 'Reject', at which point the process must be repeated once more.
You will now be able to use the iOS app to control the output volume, adjust the balance of mixes and adjust any controllable input settings on your interface.
*To clarify, Focusrite iOS Control will not detect any Focusrite devices connected directly to the iOS device.