Applies to Scarlett Range on Windows
If you find that you are:
- Losing audio when switching between applications on Windows or
- You are not getting any audio from your Scarlett and are having to unplug and plug back in the device.
This could be due to the fact the driver is being exclusively used by another application. To fix this please complete the following steps, there is also a screenshot at the end of this article showing the mains steps:
- Close all applications on the computer.
- Right-click the volume icon in the bottom right of your screen and click "Sounds".
- Go to the "Playback" tab.
- Select your Focusrite Device and click "Properties".
- Click "Advanced".
- Untick "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device".
- Click Apply and Click OK.
- Go to the "Recording" tab and repeat steps 4 - 6.
- Restart the computer
You should no longer experience this issue.