Applies to Scarlett Range on Windows
If you find that you are losing audio when switching between applications on Windows or you are not getting any audio from your Scarlett and are having to unplug and plug back in the device then this could be due to the fact that the driver is being exclusively used by another application. To fix this please do the following:
1. Close down all applications on the computer
2. Right-click on the volume icon in the bottom right of the screen and click Playback Devices
3. Select your Focusrite Device then click Properties
4. Click Advanced. Then untick "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
5. Click Apply. Click OK.
6. Now Navigate to the Recording tab and repeat steps 3 - 5.
7. Restart the computer
Please see this video which details the steps.