Applies to: 3rd Generation Scarlett Range, Scarlett 2nd Gen (6i6, 18i8 & 18i20) and all Clarett interfaces.
If you are encountering a ‘No Hardware Connected’ message in Focusrite Control, please take a moment to go through the following troubleshooting steps.
Please note: Focusrite Control will NOT detect 1st or 2nd Gen Scarlett Solo, 2i2 or 2i4 interfaces, nor will it detect any larger 1st Generation Scarletts (which use Scarlett Mix Control instead). This is normal behaviour.
On Windows systems, you can take a look in Device Manager to check your interface is being detected. Focusrite interfaces will appear under both the ‘Sound, Video & Game Controllers’ section and the 'Focusrite Audio’ section.
If the hardware is not shown here then please test with another USB/Thunderbolt cable if at all possible before Contacting Support.
If your device is showing correctly in Device Manager then please try the following:
1) Ensure that you have the latest version of Focusrite Control from the Downloads section of our website (or from your Focusrite.com account).
2) Try connecting your device to a different USB port.
3) Ensure that the Focusrite Control program has been installed onto the main C: drive of your computer. Installing it to a secondary drive can cause issues.
4) Check that the Focusrite Control Server is running. To do this;
- Right-click the Windows ‘Start’ icon and select 'Control Panel'
- Type 'local' in the search bar
- Select 'View Local Services'
- Find 'Focusrite Control Server' in the list and highlight it
- If the service is currently stopped, please select 'Start' on the left side of the screen
- If the service is already running, please select 'Restart' on the left side of the screen
5) Check your Firewall/antivirus software is not blocking the Focusrite Control Server from running. Note this is only relevant if you have 3rd party firewall/antivirus software installed - Windows Defender will not cause this issue. How to allow certain processes and folders through as exceptions will differ depending on the program, but typically, you will have the option to select a Process:
- in which case select 'Focusrite Control'
or a Folder
- C: > Program Files > Focusrite
- C: > Program Files > Focusrite > Server.
If this doesn't cause the device to show up or the "No Hardware Connected" message persists with the latest version of Focusrite Control then please Contact Support.
On Macs, go to Apple Logo > About This Mac > System Report > Hardware > USB (Scarletts) / Thunderbolt (Claretts). If the hardware is detected, it will be displayed in the main window as shown below.
If the hardware is shown here, but Focusrite Control shows 'No Hardware Connected', please ensure that you've installed the latest version of Focusrite Control from the Downloads section of our website (or from your Focusrite.com account).
If the hardware does not show up in this window please test with another USB/Thunderbolt cable if at all possible. If this doesn't cause the device to show up or the "No Hardware Connected" message persists with the latest version of Focusrite Control then please Contact Support.