This applies to the Scarlett Range of Interfaces
If you are experiencing connectivity or audio performance issues with your USB interface you should follow these general troubleshooting steps to help overcome your issue:
- Ensure that you have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for your interface from our downloads page
- If using a PC, optimise it for audio by following the relevant link to the article for your operating system:
Windows XP (Please note that the FireWire hotfix does not apply to USB interfaces)
- Try increasing the buffer size. Please note this will reduce audio performance issues but increase latency.
- Try disconnecting any other USB devices that are in use.
- Try connecting your interface to other USB ports. Some ports on your system may offer better performance than others.
- If using a USB hub try connecting directly to a USB port on your computer. With any audio interface, you must trade performance/latency for stability. When connected via a hub, this trade off is less favourable.
- Try connecting the interface to its own USB bus. To view what bus your interface is connected to:
Mac: Click on the Apple logo in the top left hand corner and select "About this Mac"; select "More info…" to open your Mac's system profiler; select the USB tab on the left hand side to view the USB busses and what devices are connected to each.
Windows: Open your computer's device manager (available from Control Panel), open the View menu and select "Devices by connection". Expand the various busses until you find your USB controllers.
If you are still experiencing problems after this and are using a USB 1.1 Saffire 6 USB please consult this article regarding connectivity to non-root hub.
If you need any further assistance resolving your interface problems please contact support using the contact button at the top-right of the page.