This applies to the 2i2, 2i4, Scarlett Solo and iTrack Solo
When your USB Bus-powered Scarlett interface is connected to your computer, if you find the USB and gain LEDs continue to flash, this usually means the interface is not able to draw enough power from your computer. Windows may also continue to attempt to connect the device often denoted by a chime sound.
If you own a Scarlett or iTrack interface and you are encountering this problem then we would recommend:
- First, optimising your computer to ensure it is providing the correct supply to the USB ports.
- Or, you could use a powered USB hub.*
Below are some powered USB hubs we have tested. Other powered hubs may work but have not been tested at this time. We recommend you test a hub before you purchase, if possible.
Please note that the hub must use mains power in order to resolve the issue; bus-powered hubs will not work.
We will update this list as additional hubs are tested:
- TRUST UK HU-5540
- TRUST USB 3.0 Hub 4-Port
- Belkin USB 2.0 Hub 7-port
- Anker AH221 USB 3.0 7-port
- Amazon Basics USB 2.0 7-port hub (ASIN No: B00E0NH9FC)
*In some cases powered USB hubs can cause more problems than they solve, for example, glitchy audio.