Applies to: Scarlett Range
When troubleshooting driver-related issues with your Scarlett interface, it may be necessary to uninstall and re-install your Focusrite Drivers. If using the Scarlett 6i6 model and above, we will also want to re-install Focusrite Control (2nd gen devices) or Scarlett MixControl (1st gen devices).
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Disconnect your interface from your computer.
- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps and Features. This will show a list of the installed programs on your computer
- Find any Focusrite or Scarlett items listed here and uninstall them. See the screenshot below.
NOTE: If you have ASIO4All installed on your machine, you will want to uninstall that as well. ASIO4All is a common 3rd party driver that conflicts with our proprietary driver.
- Restart your computer.
- Go to www.focusrite.com/downloads and pick your product by type in the dropdown menu. We will be installing the latest Focusrite USB ASIO Driver for Windows. For the Scarlett 6i6 model and above, we will be installing the latest version of Focusrite Control (2nd Gen) or Scarlett MixControl (1st Gen).
- Click the download link on this page to start the download. When done, open up the downloaded file to start the install process and click through the menus. See screenshots below
Scarlett Solo, 2i2, 2i4
Scarlett 6i6 and above
- Once done, restart your computer
- Once you are logged back into your computer, you can now plug in your Scarlett interface.
- Open up Focusrite Control/Scarlett MixControl (6i6 and above) and confirm that the interface is recognized.
- Set up your interface as the default playback device by right clicking Sound (Speaker icon) > Playback device and set the Scarlett interface as the default device. See Screenshots below.
- Once the interface is set as the default playback device, we can test playback through a music player or Youtube.