Applies to: Scarlett Solo, 2i2, 2i4, 4i4
The Scarletts are class-compliant audio interfaces. This means that it can use the core audio driver built into iOS. While not officially tested or supported, we would expect the Scarletts to work with an iPad.
In addition to the included USB cable, in order to connect your Scarlett to an iPad, you will need:
- A powered USB hub (to power the device. The iPad cannot power the Scarletts)
- An official Apple USB camera adapter (e.g. Apple Lighting to USB 3 camera adapter)
You should connect the devices in the following order:
- Scarlett to powered USB hub via USB
- USB hub to official camera adapter via USB
- Camera Connection Kit adapter to iPad
- The Powered USB hub mains adaptor connected to your mains outlet.
Scarlett > USB hub > Camera Connection Kit > iPad
Once connected, you should be able to use your Scarlett as an output and input device for your iPad.
Please note that the above instructions apply only to iPad models that feature a lightning connector.