Applies to: Clarett 2Pre USB only
As of 12th Feb 2018, the Clarett USB 2Pre USB interface can be bus powered* after updating the firmware to build 1246 via Focusrite Control 2.3.3 or later.
* For the bus power functionality to work, you must be;
- Running Mac OS 10.13 or above / Windows 10 Creators Update or above
- Using the supplied USB C to USB C cable
- Connecting the Clarett 2Pre USB to one of the following compatible ports;
|USB A||7.5W USB-C port||15W USB-C port||Thunderbolt 3|
Does the USB C port on my system output 7.5W or 15W?
- Mac – all Macs that have Type C ports will output 15W except for the one found on the 12” Macbook (this only outputs 7.5W)
- PC – whilst the majority of type C ports will output 15W, the best way to tell is to check with your PC’s manufacturer / USB port manufacturer.
If you require any further information on this, our Tech Support team can be contacted HERE