Applies to: Scarlett 2nd Gen, Scarlett 3rd Gen users with Pro Tools | First
Pro Tools | First is developed by a company called Avid. Avid decide which operating systems are tested and supported. Here is a list of supported and unsupported operating systems for Pro Tools | First, correct as of April 24th, 2021:
- Pro Tools First 2020.9 - Windows 10 (build 1909) with an Intel® i5 processor or greater
- Pro Tools First 2021.3 - Intel® Mac with macOS Mojave (10.14.5), macOS Catalina (10.15.6), macOS Big Sur (11.2.3) with an Intel® i5 processor or higher
- Apple silicon (M1) machines
- Windows 10 (build 20H2/2009)
- Windows 10 (build 2004)
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and previous versions
- Intel i3 processors
- AMD processors on Mac or Windows
You can find a more complete list of minimum system requirements from Avid HERE.
If Pro Tools First is not supported on your system, the likelihood is that the other DAW software bundled with these products is supported, Ableton Live Lite. You can check if Ableton Live Lite is supported here.
In addition, if Pro Tools | First is unsupported, your Focusrite device may still be supported and will work with any other major DAW software.
Checking your system specifications
In order to check your system specifications on Mac, go to the Apple logo > About this Mac
In order to check your system specifications and version number on Windows:
1. Go to your Start Menu and search for "System Information".
2. To find the specific build version of Windows 10, right-click on the Start menu and select Run.
3. Type in 'winver' and select OK.