Applies to: Scarlett 2nd Gen, Scarlett 3rd Gen users with Pro Tools | First
As Avid develops the Pro Tools | First software, they decide which operating systems are tested and supported. Here is a list of supported and unsupported operating systems for Pro Tools | First, correct as of September 9th, 2020:
- Windows 10 (build 1809) with an Intel® i5 processor or greater
- macOS Sierra (10.12.6), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), or macOS Mojave (10.14.4 or 10.14.5), macOS Catalina (10.15.3, 10.15.5, 10.15.6) with an Intel® i5 processor or greater
- macOS Catalina (10.15.4)
- Windows 10 (builds 1903, 1909 and 2004)
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and previous versions
- Intel i3 processors
- AMD processors on Mac or Windows
You can find a more complete list of minimum system requirements from Avid HERE.
If for any reason Pro Tools First is not supported on your system, the likelihood is that the other DAW software we bundle with these products (Ableton Live Lite) will be. You can check this here. In addition, if the software is unsupported for any reason, the likelihood is that your hardware will still be supported and will work with any other major DAW software you may already have installed.
Checking your system specifications
In order to check your system specifications on Mac, go to Apple > About this Mac
In order to check your system specifications on Windows, go to your Start Menu and search for "System Information".
To find the specific build version of Windows 10, right-click on the Start menu and select Run. Type in winver and select OK.