Applies to: All interfaces
This guide will help to show how to record audio using the Hindenburg Lite software on Windows. We will be using a Vocaster One on Windows 10. Hindenburg Lite is available to Vocaster users after registering their device to their Focusrite account page.
1. When opening Hindenburg, you will see a blank project that looks like this:
2. In order to get started, we will need to verify the 'Options' menu by going to Tools > Options…
3. It is very important that the 'ASIO' box is enabled. This allows Hindenburg to utilize the Focusrite ASIO USB driver. When set correctly, the Playback and Record options should look like this:
4. In your audio track, make sure to access the input dropdown menu in order to select the input from the Vocaster that you want to record. In this example, we are only wanting to record the Host Mic.
If you want to record a conversation or an interview from streaming software, then the Vocaster will allow you to record this in stereo by using the 'Video Call L/R' option.
5. Once you have the correct input selected for your audio track, you will need to select the 'Arm Record' button for the audio track (or tracks) you want to record.
6. The Global Record button is located in the bottom left of the project window. This will record any tracks that are already record-armed.
7. By pressing the Global Record button, the signal for the Host Mic will be recorded into this audio track, as shown here:
8. Once your project is complete, you can export the audio to a WAV or MP3 by going to File > Export
More information on the Hindenburg software can be found at Hindenburg | Support