Applies to: VocasterHub
Does Vocaster Hub work with my screen reader?
Vocaster Hub communicates accessibility information about the different controls of the app to the operating system. Screen reader software uses this information to enable you to control the app. We have tested Vocaster Hub with the screen readers that come with macOS and Windows by default, i.e., VoiceOver and Narrator. However, other screen readers (e.g., NVDA and JAWS) should also work on Windows.
How do I navigate Vocaster Hub with my screen reader?
macOS and VoiceOver
- VO + Left/Right to navigate or to adjust sliders while interacting with them.
- VO + Shift + Down/Up to go in/out of groups or to interact/stop interacting with sliders.
- VO + Space to press/enable buttons.
Windows and Narrator
- Use the up and down keys to move through the controls.
- By default, Narrator will ignore the grouping of the controls. If you wish to enable grouping, go to Narrator settings (Control + Windows + N), then under Use Narrator cursor, change the Cursor navigation mode from Basic to Advanced. Then, to move between items within a group, use Narrator + Left/Right. To move in/out of groups, use Control + Narrator + Down/Up.
- Press the Enter or Space keys to press/enable the buttons.
- When focused, the left and right arrow keys adjust slider values.
Windows and NVDA:
- You can use Object Navigation to navigate around the controls in greater detail - please refer to the NVDA website for more information.
Windows and JAWS:
- You can use the Touch Cursor to navigate Vocaster Hub in greater detail - please refer to the JAWS hotkey site for more information.
- When using the Touch Cursor, sliders can be adjusted using the Down or Up arrow keys.
- By enabling Advanced Navigation with the Number Pad Asterisk on a desktop or Caps Lock + A on a laptop, you can navigate the Vocaster Hub hierarchy in greater detail. Press Left/Right to navigate and Down/Up to go in/out of groups.
How do I use Auto Gain with my screen reader?
Ensure notifications are enabled for Vocaster Hub in your operating system’s settings since notifications indicate when the Auto Gain process has failed. Then in Vocaster Hub, navigate to the Auto Gain button for the desired channel using your screen reader, press the enter or space key, and then speak into your microphone for 10 seconds. After this process, the microphone level is set automatically.
Why can’t I navigate to the microphone level slider when it is muted?
Setting the microphone level while muted is not currently supported on both Vocaster or Vocaster Hub. To set the level, first, unmute the microphone. The microphone level slider will then be controllable.