Applies to: Clarett 4Pre & Scarlett 18i20
To connect a Scarlett 18i20 to a Clarett 4Pre via ADAT we must first set up the Scarlett 18i20 to be the Expansion unit and then the Clarett 4Pre to be the Host unit.
First connect the Scarlett 18i20 to the computer, open Focusrite Control, and follow these steps:
1. Start in the Device Settings page and set the Sample Rate to what you intend to use. For our example we'll use 48kHz
2. Set the Clock Source to Internal.
3. Confirm that the unit is displaying "Locked".
4. Switch to the Output Routing page and assign the Analogue Inputs to the ADAT Outputs.
5. Disconnect the USB of the Scarlett 18i20, leaving it powered on.
6. Connect the USB or Thunderbolt of the Clarett 4Pre and power it on.
7. Connect your ADAT Out from the Scarlett 18i20 to the ADAT In on the Clarett 4Pre.
8. Make sure the Sample Rate of the Clarett 4Pre matches the Sample Rate of the Scarlett 18i20.
9. Set the Clock Source to ADAT.
10. Confirm that the unit is displaying "Locked". This may take a moment
11. If you have a Custom Mix for your outputs, bring in the ADAT inputs as well.
You should now be set to utilize all 16 channels in your DAW. If you have any troubles with this process please Contact Technical Support.