Applies To: Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen
To connect two Scarlett 18i20's together via ADAT we must first dedicate one to be the Host unit, and one unit to be the Expansion unit.
Connect the Expansion unit to the computer, open Focusrite Control, and follow these steps:
1. Start in the Device Settings page and set the Sample Rate to what you intend to use. For our example, we'll use 48kHz
2. Set the Clock Source to Internal.
3. Confirm that the unit is displaying "Locked".
4. Switch to the Output Routing page and assign the Analogue Inputs to the ADAT Outputs.
5. Disconnect the USB of this (Expansion) Scarlett 18i20, leaving it powered on.
6. Connect the USB of the next (Host) Scarlett 18i20 and power it on.
7. Connect your ADAT Out from the Expansion unit to the ADAT In on the Host unit.
8. Make sure the Sample Rate of this unit matches the Sample Rate you set for the Expansion unit.
9. Set the Clock Source to ADAT.
10. Confirm that the unit is displaying "Locked". This may take a moment
11. If you have a Custom Mix for your outputs, bring in the ADAT inputs as well.
You should now be set to utilize all 16 channels in your DAW. If you have any troubles with this process please Contact Technical Support.