Applies To: Scarlett 18i8 & Clarett 8Pre
To connect a Clarett 8Pre to a Scarlett 18i8 via ADAT we must first set up the Clarett 8Pre to be the Expansion unit and then the Scarlett 18i8 to be the Host unit.
First connect the Clarett 8Pre to the computer, open Focusrite Control, and follow these steps:
1. Start in the Device Settings page and set the Sample Rate to what you intend to use. For our example we'll use 48kHz
2. Set the Clock Source to Internal.
3. Confirm that the unit is displaying "Locked".
4. Switch to the Output Routing page and assign the Analogue Inputs to the ADAT Outputs.
5. Disconnect the USB or Thunderbolt of the Clarett 8Pre, leaving it powered on.
6. Connect the USB of the Scarlett 18i8 and power it on.
7. Connect your ADAT Out from the Clarett 8Pre to the ADAT In on the Scarlett 18i8.
8. Make sure the Sample Rate of the Scarlett 18i8 matches the Sample Rate of the Clarett 8Pre.
9. Set the Clock Source to ADAT.
10. Confirm that the unit is displaying "Locked". This may take a moment
11. If you have a Custom Mix for your outputs, bring in the ADAT inputs as well.
You should now be set to utilize all 16 channels in your DAW. If you have any troubles with this process please Contact Technical Support.