Applies To: Scarlett 18i20 & Clarett 8PreX
To connect a Clarett 8PreX to a Scarlett 18i20 via ADAT we must first set up the Clarett 8PreX to be the Expansion unit and then the Scarlett 18i20 to be the Host unit.
First connect the Clarett 8PreX to the computer, open Focusrite Control, and follow these steps:
1. Start in the Device Settings page and set the Sample Rate to what you intend to use. For our example we'll use 48kHz
2. Set the Clock Source to Internal.
3. Confirm that the unit is displaying "Locked".
4. Switch to the Output Routing page and assign the Analogue Inputs to the ADAT Outputs.
5. Disconnect the Thunderbolt of the Clarett 8PreX, leaving it powered on.
6. Connect the USB of the Scarlett 18i20 and power it on.
7. Connect your ADAT Out from the Clarett 8PreX to the ADAT In on the Scarlett 18i20.
8. Make sure the Sample Rate of the Scarlett 18i20 matches the Sample Rate of the Clarett 8PreX.
9. Set the Clock Source to ADAT.
10. Confirm that the unit is displaying "Locked". This may take a moment
11. If you have a Custom Mix for your outputs, bring in the ADAT inputs as well.
You should now be set to utilize all 16 channels in your DAW. If you have any troubles with this process please Contact Technical Support.