Applies to: Scarlett 2nd Gen (6i6, 18i8 & 18i20) & Clarett USB audio interfaces.
If you are encountering a ‘No Hardware Connected’ message in Focusrite Control, please take a moment to go through the following troubleshooting steps.
Please note: Focusrite Control will NOT detect Scarlett Solo, 2i2 or 2i4 interfaces, nor will it detect any 1st Generation Scarletts (which use Scarlett Mix Control instead). This is normal behaviour.
If your mains powered Scarlett/Clarett USB is showing that it is connected to your computer but Focusrite Control is still showing a 'No Hardware Connected' error message, this may be due to the Thunderbolt driver and the USB driver being installed simultaneously.
In most instances a normal install will work fine, but in the instance that this does occur please do the following:
Completely uninstalling Focusrite Control and then reinstalling, making sure to choose only the 'Focusrite Control + USB Driver' install option when prompted should resolve this issue.
To uninstall Focusrite Control, please follow the instructions below:
- Move application to trash
- Remove app from Dock
- Go to Mac HD/Library/Extensions – remove FocusritePCIe.kext
- Finder > click 'Go' at the top of the screen > select "Go to folder" > type /var/db/receipts. Remove:
- Open Control Panel
- Select Programs > Programs and Features
- Sort the list of programs alphabetically by Publisher
- Find Focusrite in the Publisher column
- Select the listing for Focusrite Control and uninstall.
- Select the listing for the Focusrite USB driver and uninstall.
Should any further assistance be required, our Technical Support team can be contacted here.