Pro Tools First - Installation Tutorial Video
Pro Tools First comes with the second generation line of Scarletts. Please follow this guide if you are having difficulty downloading and installing Pro Tools First.
1. Register your Focusrite product: https://focusrite.com/register/product
2. Once the registration is complete, scroll to the 'My Products' section where you will see a picture of the product you registered
3. Click on the 'Downloads & Activation Codes' button
4. Scroll down the page to see the 'Pro Tools First Creative Pack' link at the bottom of the list
5. Click on the 'Click Here' link that will direct you to the AVID website
6. STEP 1: Proceed with creating a new account on the AVID website
7. STEP 2: Verify your email
8. STEP 3: Tell AVID about yourself
9. STEP 4: Create a new iLok account, use the same password that you used in step 1 when creating your AVID account, click on the 'Use this ID to create my account' button
10. STEP 5: Download the (WIN) zip file
11. Once the download is complete you will have to install Pro Tools First
12. Locate the 'Pro Tools First 2018.4 (ZIP) file in your Downloads folder. Right click on the zip file and press on 'Extract All'. This process might take some time to copy over the files.
13. Once that is complete, please click on the 'Setup' icon in the Pro Tools First folder that was just extracted.
14. Then, install the 3 applications needed with the InstallShield Wizard by clicking the 'Install' button.
15. Once that is complete, launch Pro Tools First and log in to your AVID account.
The download & installation is complete.
*Please click on this link to view the connection & configuration video with a Scarlett 2i2 on Windows.
If you still need help, please contact technical support here.