Applies to: Scarlett 2i2 1st Gen & Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen
This article will show you how to record audio into Cubase 9.5 using your Scarlett 2i2 audio interface on Windows/PC
1) Ensure you have installed the Scarlett 2i2's USB driver. You can find this on the Scarlett 2i2's Downloads page or in your Focusrite account.
2) Connect the Scarlett 2i2 to your computer and open up Cubase 9.5. Create a new / empty project.
3) Set the Scarlett 2i2 as Cubase's audio device.
- To do this, click on Setup > Studio Setup.
- Click on VST Audio System > select Focusrite USB ASIO as the ASIO Driver. Click Apply > OK
4) Now, click Project > Add Track > Audio to create the track you will be recording onto. You can select a Mono track (one input of the Scarlett 2i2) or a Stereo track (this will use both inputs of the Scarlett 2i2 simultaneously)
5) If you have your microphone, guitar, bass etc connected to input1 of the Scarlett 2i2, ensure you have the left input selected. If you are connected to the second input, select right
6) If you wish to monitor your incoming signal before recording (to check levels etc), switch on Input Monitoring and record enable the track
Finally, click the record icon in the transport panel to start the recording