The following steps show you how to record and playback audio in Garageband using your Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen audio interface.
1) Connect your Scarlett 2i2 to your Mac's USB port using the supplied cable and open up Garageband
2) Open a new or existing project and navigate to Garageband > Preferences > Audio
3) Here, set the Scarlett 2i2 as both the input and output device
4) Create a new audio track by going to the 'Track' tab (across the top of the screen) > 'New Track'
5) Select one the the audio track options (1), select the correct input - these inputs relate to the inputs on the Scarlett 2i2 itself (2) and tick the box to hear the incoming signal (3)
6) Ensure the gain dial for the input you are connected to on the Scarlett 2i2 is turned up so that the light around the gain dial lights up green when you play your guitar / speak into the microphone. You can now start the project recording by clicking the Record button.
If you encounter any problems, our Technical Support team can be contacted here