Applies to: Clarett Range
- Computer with Thunderbolt 3 port (Thunderbolt 1 and 2 systems are not supported, but may work)
- Windows 10 64-bit operating system
- Configured as per our optimisation and troubleshooting steps outlined in this article
- The latest version of Focusrite Control (3.7.1 from our beta site)
The following systems have been seen to work well with Clarett devices:
|Dell XPS 15||9th Gen Intel i7||1575 - Alpine Ridge 2C 2015|
|Lenovo P70||6th Gen Intel i7||1577 - Alpine Ridge 4C 2015|
|Molten Music ASUS X-99||5th Gen Intel i7||1577 - Alpine Ridge 4C 2015|
|Dell XPS 13 9370||8th Gen Intel i7||15D2 - Alpine Ridge 4C 2016|
|ASUS Z390A + ThunderboltEX 3 card||9th Gen Intel i5||15D2 - Alpine Ridge 4C 2016|
|Dell Precision 7530||8th Gen Intel i7||15EB - Titan Ridge 4C 2018|
On particular systems we have seen an issue that can sometimes cause short bursts of output-only glitches with the Clarett Thunderbolt range.
Systems that have exhibited playback problems with Claretts:
|Intel NUC (NUC8i5BEK)||8th Gen Intel i5||15D9 - Alpine Ridge 2C 2016|
|Intel NUC (BXNUC10i7FNK)||10th Gen Intel i7||15E8 - Titan Ridge 2C 2018|
|HP ZBook 15 2020||8th Gen Intel i7||15E8 - Titan Ridge 2C 2018|
If you’re unsure as to what Thunderbolt Controller chipset your machine has then you can check by:
- Navigating to Device Manager (right-click the Windows icon and select "Device Manager")
- Expand "System Devices"
- Locate the "Thunderbolt Controller" in this section:
If your computer has one of the potentially problematic Thunderbolt Controllers listed above and you encounter sporadic output glitching then please Contact Technical Support and we can run a scan to determine whether the issue is caused by the Thunderbolt implementation on your computer or by something else (in which case we can troubleshoot). Please note that the aforementioned “scan” can only be run when a Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt interface is connected to the computer in question.