Applies to: Midnight and Scarlett plug-ins suites
*Please note it is no longer possible to access or activate the Midnight or Scarlett Plugin Suites. We released the last version of these plug-ins in February 2020 and then ceased development support. We have since become aware of a number of critical issues on modern operating systems such as issues with display and activation. We have therefore taken the decision to no longer make these plug-ins available.
If you are experiencing problems with activating your Midnight or Scarlett plugins during the 'Install Licence' part of the process, you can actually install the Licence file manually on your system by following these steps:
- Delete all previous Licence files if present, most likely found in your Downloads folder.
- Click on 'Activate plugins' when you first open the plugin in your DAW.
- Fill in the details, including your activation code, which is found in your Focusrite account. Once finished, click submit, this should download a NEW licence file via the auto-download in your browser or email.
- Close your DAW. Rename the licence file appropriately as below, depending on the plugins you're activating:
- Place this newly renamed file in: HDD (Mac Hard Drive) -> Library -> Application Support -> Focusrite -> Activation or for Windows: This PC -> Local Disk (C) -> ProgramData -> Focusrite -> Activation).
If this exact folder is not present, you may have to manually create it.
Please restart your DAW, the plugins should now be ready to select and use.