The article applies to: Platinum Devices with the optional ADC card.
If your Platinum is not syncing to your sound card/audio interface or vice versa, or you are hearing clicks and pops in your recordings, then:
- Ensure that the ADAT cable(s) is not faulty - try one that you know works.
If the Platinum is synced internally (no BNC connection) then check:
- The sound card clock source is set to 'ADAT'.
- Ensure the sample rate setting on the front of the unit is set to the same as your sound card/DAW settings.
- Ensure the clock source on the leader (master) clock device is set to 'internal'.
- Check the 'ADC lock' LED on the Platinum - if it is flickering then the unit is not locking properly to the word clock signal and you should test the word clock source for problems.
- Try syncing other devices to the leader (master) word clock unit to see if the problem continues to occur.
- Try syncing the Platinum to a different word clock leader (master) device to help narrow down the cause of the problem.
If the Platinum is synced to an external clock source then check the following:
- The correct clock source has been selected on the front of the unit (either ADAT, word clock or 256x 'Superclock').
- The word clock cable is in good order and not faulty.
- The sound card clock source is set to 'internal'.
- If there is still a problem after ensuring these things then check the ADAT out port of the Platinum - there should be a red light visible in the socket when the unit is switched on. If not then ensure the card has been fitted properly.