The article applies to: Platinum Devices with the optional ADC card.
If your Platinum is not syncing to your sound card/audio interface or vice versa, or you are hearing clicks and pops in your recordings, then:
- Ensure that the ADAT cable(s) is not faulty - try one that you know works.
If the Platinum is synced internally (no BNC connection) then check:
- The sound card clock source is set to 'ADAT'.
- Ensure the sample rate setting on the front of the unit is set to the same as your sound card/DAW settings.
- Ensure the clock source on the leader (master) clock device is set to 'internal'.
- Check the 'ADC lock' LED on the Platinum - if it is flickering then the unit is not locking properly to the word clock signal and you should test the word clock source for problems.
- Try syncing other devices to the leader (master) word clock unit to see if the problem continues to occur.
- Try syncing the Platinum to a different word clock leader (master) device to help narrow down the cause of the problem.
If the Platinum is synced to an external clock source then check the following:
- The correct clock source has been selected on the front of the unit (either ADAT, word clock or 256x 'Superclock').
- The word clock cable is in good order and not faulty.
- The sound card clock source is set to 'internal'.
- If there is still a problem after ensuring these things then check the ADAT out port of the Platinum - there should be a red light visible in the socket when the unit is switched on. If not then ensure the card has been fitted properly (view the instructions for fitting here). If the card is fitted properly and there is still no red light then contact us for further advice.