This applies to the Scarlett, Saffire and Clarett Ranges
An Analogue Monitor Dial is an attenuator that controls the volume of the analogue signal going to the main monitor outputs (outputs 1-2). It cannot be assigned to control the volume of any other outputs as it's hardwired.
A Digital Knob can be assigned to multiple outputs on the Interface.
Interfaces that have an Analogue Dial are:
- Scarlett Solo, 2i2, 2i4, 6i6, 18i8 (1st and 2nd Gen)
- Saffire Pro 14, Pro 24, Pro 24 DSP, Pro 26
Interfaces with a Digital Dial are:
- Scarlett 18i20 (1st and 2nd Gen)
- Saffire Pro 40, Liquid Saffire 56
- Clarett 2Pre, 4Pre, 8Pre (USB and Thunderbolt variants)
- Clarett 8PreX