Please follow these steps after you register your interface at https://focusrite.com/register/product
1. Go to Steinberg.net and click on My Steinberg
2. If you already have a Steinberg Account, enter your email and password here. Otherwise, click on “Create Account”.
3. Enter your email address, choose a Password and click on “Create MySteinberg Account”.
4. Check your mail for a verification email from Steinberg (NOTE: it may take a few minutes). Open the email, and follow the steps to verify your account.
5. On your Steinberg Account Page, choose ‘Enter Download Access Code’.
6. Enter your download access code from your Focusrite account [screenshot of this is in step 7 below].
7. Your Cubase download access Code looks like this in your Focusrite Account Page
8. Once you have entered your download activation code into the Steinberg website, you will be dropped to the following screen which displays your Cubase LE 7/8 activation code. This is the code that you will enter into the eLicenser, outlined below. Download and Install Cubase LE 7/8 for Mac or PC, by clicking on the relevant link for your Operating System (NOTE: It’s advisable to keep this window open so you have immediate access to your 25 Digit Cubase Activation Code during the eLicenser steps below)
9. Once you have selected "I'm Done", the Steinberg website will give you a review of your details, these include your Focusrite download access code, your Cubase LE 7/8 activation code, and the download links once more.
10. Now open the eLicenser Software
- Windows users can find this in Start > Programs > eLicenser - Mac users can this in the Applications folder or Launchpad (NOTE: If you don’t already have it, you can download it at: http://www.elicenser.net/en/latest_downloads.html)
Click on “Enter Activation Code”
11. Enter the 32 Digit Activation Code from Step 8
12. Select your License, and click on “Download License”
13. Cubase LE 7/8 will now be Activated on your computer