- Scarlett OctoPre
- Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic
- Clarett OctoPre
If your OctoPre is not syncing to your audio interface or your audio interface is not syncing to your OctoPre you are likely not to hear audio or be able to record audio. In addition, if there is an issue with the sync method it can also cause clicks and pops in the audio. Please follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Make sure that the sample rate on the front of the OctoPre is set to the same as your audio interface. For example, they should both be at 48kHz if this is the sample rate you're running in your digital audio workstation.
- Check that the optical ADAT cable is not faulty - when one end is connected to an optical ADAT output, there should be a red light seen at the other end of the cable. You could also try another optical ADAT cable.
If the OctoPre is being used as the sync/clock leader then also check:
- The sync/clock source on your audio interface is set to 'ADAT', 'Word Clock', or 'Ext' depending on your model of interface and which input it is getting a clock signal from. On some interfaces, this is set automatically when it receives a clock signal.
- The LED labelled 'Internal' on the OctoPre is lit.
If the OctoPre is synced to an external clock source (such as the audio interface, or another bit of equipment) then check the following:
- The OctoPre's sync/clock source is not set to 'Internal' and is instead set to the input it is receiving clock signal on (could be Word Clock or ADAT depending on the model of OctoPre).
If there is still a problem after checking the above, please check the ADAT Out port(s) on the OctoPre - there should be a red light visible in the socket when the unit is switched on.
If there is a red light visible but the problem persists then it is necessary to find out whether it is the OctoPre or the audio interface that is at fault.
Try using the OctoPre with another device that receives ADAT to see if the problem is still there.
Also, you can try another ADAT device that you know to work with the audio interface to make sure the audio interface is not at fault. If you still suspect the OctoPre to be at fault after trying other ADAT devices then please contact our technical support team for further advice.