For any problem you may be experiencing, please ensure that you have the latest software for the Pro 40 from here. If this doesn't help, see the steps below:
I am having connection or performance problems
- If you are on a Windows 10 PC optimise your computer using the following article: Optimising your PC for Audio on Windows 10
- If you are on a Windows 8 PC optimise your computer using the following article: Optimising your PC for audio on Windows 8
- If you are on a Windows 7 PC optimise your computer using the following article: Optimising your PC for audio on Windows 7
- Try increasing the FireWire Driver Latency in the settings of Saffire Mix Control
- Try increasing the buffer size in your audio software
- If you have other FireWire devices connected to the same FireWire bus, try disconnecting them.
- Check your FireWire card's compatibility using the following article: FireWire compatibility
I am having trouble configuring the outputs and routing
- Please see the Saffire Mix Control tutorial here
I can't hear anything through my headphones
- Please see the article here to help prevent this problem.
I'm getting no signal from the input on the meters or in my DAW
- Ensure that you have sufficient gain by turning up the gain pot on the front of the unit
- If inputting a signal from a microphone, ensure that the microphone is plugged into the XLR socket of the input.
- If inputting an instrument signal, ensure that you you are using the jack input socket and that the "inst" switch is engaged. If the channel doesn't have an "inst" switch, move the jack to input 1 or 2
- If inputting a line level signal, ensure that you are using the jack input and that "inst" is not engaged
- If using a condenser microphone, ensure that you have phantom power switched on
- Check your audio source and cable to ensure that they work
- Ensure that your DAW is correctly configured to use your Pro 40.
The locked light is not lit
This means that your interface cannot lock to the sync source set in Saffire Mix Control
- If you are not using the digital inputs, ensure that the sync source is set to "internal" in Saffire Mix Control
- If you have another audio device connected to a digital input on your Pro 40, ensure that the sync source is set to the correct digital input. You also need to ensure that the sample rate matches that of the external unit.
I'm experiencing high latency in my DAW
- Check that your FireWire driver latency is set to short in the settings menu of Saffire Mix Control
- Reduce the buffer size in your DAW
Please note: reducing latency and buffer sizes will increase CPU load and will require more resources. If there are not sufficient resources available you may need to increase the latency and buffer size.
I am having a problem that is not listed above
- Please check the other articles on the Saffire Pro 40 by navigating through the menus on the left
- If you are still experiencing problems, please use the contact us link at the top right of this page