This applies to the iTrack Dock Studio, iTrack Solo Studio, Scarlett Solo Studio, and Scarlett 2i2 Studio
Our interface studio packs come with the CM25 microphone. In the box, we provide a microphone clip that can be attached to most microphone stands to get up and running straight away but some users prefer to use shock mounts or different stands depending on their use.
I want to use a microphone shock mount
The CM25 comes in two sizes:
- The CM25 Mk1 (red), Mk2 (black) and iTrack (silver) microphones are all the same dimensions (left image).
- The CM25 Mk3 has an updated design.
Shock mounts supporting these diameters will be appropriate for the microphone.
Specific shock mount examples
We were able to successfully test the CM25 microphone with the Neewer Black Universal Microphone Shock Mount* for microphones of 43-46 mm in diameter. A web search will yield a number of other options to choose from.
* Availability subject to change
The mic clip does not fit on my mic stand
The CM25 comes with a universal mic clip to fit on most microphone stands.
Mic stands screw threads come in two different sizes, largely based on your location but it is not unusual to find the two sizes in other countries.
- 5/8", the larger size, found mostly in the US.
- 3/8", the smaller size, found mostly outside of the US.
The CM25 is shipped with a removable thread adaptor (image shown below). You can remove this using a small coin, or flathead-screwdriver.
- When removed the clip is suitable for 5/8" stands.
- With the adaptor inserted, the clip is suitable for 3/8" stands.