Applies To: Scarlett 2nd Generation 6i6, 18i8, & 18i20; Clarett 2Pre, 4Pre, 8Pre, & 8PreX; Red 4Pre & 8Pre
III. Saving, Loading, and Using Presets
Focusrite Control comes loaded with a few standard preset modes.
- Direct Routing configures Focusrite Control for this task, as is it routes DAW playback tracks in numerical order to all the available outputs.
- 2 Channel Analogue will provide you with a Custom Mix of Hardware Input 1 – 2 and DAW Playback 1 – 2 routed directly to each output.
- 8 Channel Analogue will provide you with a Custom Mix of Hardware Input 1 – 8 and DAW Playback 1 – 2 routed directly to each output.
- Digital will provide a Custom Mix with all available SPDIF and ADAT Inputs as well as DAW Playback 1 – 2.
- Analogue + Digital will provide a Custom Mix with all inputs on the device including the Hardware, SPDIF, ADAT Inputs, along with DAW Playback 1 – 2.
- Standalone Preamp will act as a pass through sending each Hardware and Digital Input to it’s matching numbered Output, set to Mic level to engage the preamp.
- Empty will give you a blank canvas to create your own mix.
If you have created your own mix that you would like to save for later use, select Save Snapshot, name your Preset, and then save it in your desire folder. This will also save the routing from the Device Settings tab.
Your Focusrite device will automatically remember the last used settings when opening, though if you have changed the settings since saving your Snapshot to recall them select Load Snapshot and select the saved .ff file from your previously selected folder.
Once your Snapshot has loaded, it can be adjusted as normal, though no adjustments will save automatically to save the snapshot file. Remember to resave the snapshot file if the new settings are intended to be permanent.
For any further detailed information on Focusrite Control please see the Focusrite Control User Guide.