This article is going to tell you how to activate the Exponential Audio R2 plug-in, which is available as the April Plug-In Collective offer from Focusrite.
If you would like to watch a video to assist you with this install, please click this link.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION, PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING: In order to use this product, you must have a hardware iLok generation 2 or 3. 1st generation iLoks are not supported. To clarify, this does NOT just mean an iLok account, you must have the physical USB iLok 2 or iLok 3. If you do not have an iLok2 or iLok3, you can purchase one and claim the plug-in.
Previous Plug-In Collective offers, such as the Eventide Stereo Room Plug-In, required just an iLok account, this is not the case with the Exponential Audio R2, you need to have an iLok account, as well as a physical iLok2 or iLok3. Below are 2 photos of the iLoks that are compatible. You can find out more about iLok at this link.
Mono-in/Mono-out, Mono-in/Stereo-out, Stereo-in/Stereo-out, depending on workstation.
Plug-in Formats :
AAX 32*/64, VST /64, VST3 /64, Audio Units /64.
Support for 32-bit AU, VST and VST3 has been discontinued. Please upgrade your workstation for continued support.
*AAX 32-bit format will not be supported after 2017.
Note: RTAS support has been discontinued and RTAS installers are no longer provided by Exponential Audio. If you intend to use RTAS, do not purchase this plugin.
1) Go to the Focusrite website, and log in to your account.
2) You will find the Exponential Audio banner at the top of your account page, containing the code required for activation, as well as the link to the download site.
3) Please highlight and copy the code, then click the software download link just above the code. Here you can select the installer for your operating system.
4) Please select the R2 from the stereo reverb plug-ins section to download the plug in
5) Please open and run the installer that you have downloaded
6) Once the install is complete, you can close this window. The installer will reiterate the fact that you need a hardware iLok for this plug-in, generation 2 or 3.
7) Please now open your recording software e.g. Ableton, Pro Tools. If it was open during the install, please restart it, and then open R2 from the plug-in menu. This is what you will see.
8) Please select 'Activate', and then enter the code from your account.
9) Please enter your iLok account information
10) Please select your hardware iLok to deposit the license on.
11) You have now successfully installed the Exponential Audio R2 plug in
If you are still having issues activating the Exponential Audio R2 plug in, then please refer to the video available at the top of this article. If your issues persist, then you can contact support at this link.
If you have gotten the error message "The code redemption limit has been reached. Please enter a different code." You can alternatively activate the plugin through the iLok License Manager.