This article will explain how to install and activate the D16 Syntorus plug-in, which is offered to Focusrite customers as the February Plug-In Collective offer.
If you would rather watch a video about this installation, we have one available below.
1) Go to the Focusrite website and either register your product, or sign in to your existing account.
2) There will be a banner at the top of your account page displaying details of the offer. Please click the link to go through to the D16 website and claim the free plug-in.
3) Please click create account to make an account with D16. If you already have a D16 account, then please log in at this stage.
4) Please enter your serial number in the box provided. You can find this serial number in your Focusrite account, as highlighted below.
5) Please enter your personal details in the fields provided.
6) You now have an account with D16 which contains your free plug-in, which you can download by clicking the installer link for your OS.
PLEASE NOTE: You need to download the license key as well as the installer. This will allow you to activate the plug-in in your DAW.
7) Please run the plug-in installer that you have just downloaded.
8) Once completed, please open your DAW, and go to your plug-in folder. You will need to restart your DAW if it was open during the install, this will refresh your plug-ins folder.
9) Please open the plug-in, it will now display demo mode. Please click 'Activate'
10) This will open your file browser, please go to downloads and select 'Syntorus.key', this is the license file that we downloaded earlier.
11) Your D16 Syntorus plug-in is now activated and ready to use.
If you are having trouble activating the D16 Syntorus plug-in, please review each step of this article, as well as watching the installation/activation video here.
Please contact technical support here if your issue persists.